menu -- eat, drink and be merry
By Scott Perry
Worried about feeding the family should the Y2K bug run
amok? Well, you may have to digress a bit to the
hunter/gatherer mode, but you shouldn't have to look too far
for sustenance. As a matter of fact, you may not have to
look any farther than your own driveway.
While you're out scavenging for a bite, here are a few
ideas to make your feast or famine days a bit more
Here, kitty, kitty...
- Take two flatter-than-a-flitter felines,
- warmed over the griddle for a purrrfect way to start
- Add a side of sidewalk-baked, bike-flattened night
crawlers for a protein-rich beginning.
- Black Beak Soup
- And you thought eating crow was dishonorable!
- Man's best friend, with spicy mustard.
- Chilly Dog
- Same as above, with Cool Whip®
- Club Sandwich
- Catch it, club it, cook it, eat it!
- Big Mack
- Just pull it outta the grill
- 100 percent USDA groundhog
- Possum on the half shell
- One whole possum, one-half turtle
- BBQ Bat Wings
- Spicy, extra spicy, hairy
- Ring around the rodent!
- Lame Duck and Cover
- Hoppin fresh from the oven, on a bed of
- John Deer
- Your momma always said to eat a green (and yellow)
- Creamed Beef
- Forget the chicken, why did the cow cross the
- Hare Apparent
- It probably was a rabbit, once, maybe.
- Pheasant on the Glass
- With windshield wiper fluid gravy
- Pail 'o Snail
- Crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside
- What's black and white and red all over?
- The Bees' Knees
- Honey-coated, naturally
- Moo Pies
- Udderly fantastic!
-- Illustrations by Clyde Pack